"We have tested the WNaN network extensively, and WNaN performance exceeds the demands of today's Army," said Dr. Jason Redi, senior director of engineering and WNaN principal investigator for Raytheon BBN Technologies. In coordination with DARPA, the U.S. Army purchased 125 Version 4 (next generation) WNaN radios in support of the NIE 13.1 experiment. The version 4 radio dramatically reduces size, weight and power requirements compared with the earlier version used at NIE 12.1, and it increases battery life to more than 10 hours.
About RaytheonRaytheon Company, with 2011 sales of $25 billion and 71,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon.
Approved for Public Release, Distribution Unlimited
Media ContactsJoyce Kuzmin617.873.8120 Mark Gauthier617.873.8130 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Raytheon Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV