A.P. Pharma, Inc. (OTCBB: APPA.OB), a specialty pharmaceutical company, today reported financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2012 and highlighted recent corporate progress.
"A.P. Pharma’s accomplishments over the quarter have put us in a strong position as we approach a new era for the organization and begin preparing for commercialization of APF530," said John B. Whelan, A.P. Pharma's president and chief executive officer. “We successfully completed the resubmission of our New Drug Application for APF530 and secured the financing necessary to fund our operations through the anticipated APF530 product launch in 2013. In addition, we have added key staff and executives that are essential to our pre-commercialization activities, including our chief commercial officer, Robert Rosen, and vice president of business development, Dr. Thomas Pitler."
- The Company announced on October 16, 2012 that its New Drug Application (NDA) for APF530 was accepted by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and the Agency has set a Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) action date of March 27, 2013.
- The Company closed a $53.6 million private placement of common stock in July 2012.
- The Company announced the appointment of Robert Rosen as senior vice president and chief commercial officer on October 18, 2012 and the appointment of Thomas P. Pitler, Ph.D. as vice president of business development on September 9, 2012.
Results of OperationsA.P. Pharma’s net loss for the third quarter of 2012 was $6.1 million, or $0.02 per share, compared to a net loss of $4.2 million, or $0.02 per share, for the third quarter of 2011. The net loss was higher in the current fiscal quarter primarily due to higher stock compensation and personnel-related expenses, and increased spending related to the NDA resubmission.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV