DTS, Inc. (Nasdaq: DTSI), a leader in high-definition audio solutions and audio enhancement technologies, today announced that The Expendables 2 on Blu-ray™, available on November 20 from Lionsgate Home Entertainment, is the first Blu-ray disc to feature a DTS Neo:X™ optimized soundtrack, allowing viewers to hear the movie in room-shaking 11.1 surround sound. Home theater systems equipped with Neo:X processing can take full advantage of the mix and will enable consumers to experience a truly multi-dimensional sound stage. DTS Neo:X puts viewers in the center of the movie’s action scenes, allowing them to hear every detail of the soundtrack from all areas of the scene, including the action overhead.
“Lionsgate is thrilled to be able to offer a first of its kind listening experience to the Blu-ray format,” said Miguel Casillas, SVP of Lionsgate Home Entertainment Production. “Hardcore audiophiles and casual fans alike will be amazed at the dynamic and immersive experience of DTS’ Neo:X 11.1 audio. It’s the ultimate audio playback environment for the home theatre enthusiast and a perfect match for the incredible audio design of The Expendables 2.”
Key Features of DTS Neo:X:
- Home audio receivers equipped with DTS Neo:X offer entertainment consumers an unprecedented multi-dimensional audio experience by optimizing 5.1 or 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio™ soundtracks for a full 11.1 experience. DTS Neo:X technology enabled on films, such as The Expendables 2, delivers a high intensity audio experience that truly elevates the 3D home entertainment experience to a new level.
- Front-height speakers deliver discrete effects to the vertical dimension, elevating ambient sounds (e.g., special effects, room reverberation, wind, thunder, background music, etc.) to a third dimensional space for more depth and realism from the soundtrack.
- Wide speakers expand the sound stage image and provide smooth and seamless tracking of front-to-side action (e.g., the sound from an automobile passing through from the front to the left side of the screen and vertically as the action moves up the screen.)
“DTS’ advanced surround sound solutions have been a benchmark standard for the highest quality audio on Blu-ray discs since the format was first introduced; we believe that the adoption of Neo:X on Blu-ray discs and high end AVRs builds upon DTS’ success in delivering an immersive cinematic audio experience to consumers at home,” said Molly Kronberg, vice president, digital media of DTS, Inc. “Studios and AVR manufacturers alike are showing increased interest in our advanced Neo:X processing and we are excited that the action-packed thriller, The Expendables 2, is the first major title to take advantage of the technology’s stimulating multi-dimensional aural capabilities, which dramatically complement the movie’s high-impact action scenes.”AV receivers currently available in the market that feature DTS Neo:X processing benefit from dedicated height/wide speakers that provide distinct direction for sound. The height speaker configuration adds a vertical dimension for overhead sounds, while the wide speakers provide smooth and seamless tracking of front-to-side sound for the most realistic audio experience. DTS Neo:X is the world’s first 2.0/5.1/6.1/7.1-to- 9.1/11.1 conversion technology within a single algorithm and allows connected consumers to enjoy movies, music and games as they were originally intended to be heard.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts