Medidata Solutions (NASDAQ: MDSO) announced that Eileen Schloss, a human resources and business administration executive with more than 25 years of experience and executive leadership, has been named executive vice president of human resources. Eileen will be responsible for leading the strategic growth and development of Medidata’s global team throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia-Pacific.
- “Over the past 12 years, Medidata Solutions has established an impressive corporate culture comprised of smart, passionate employees who are relentlessly dedicated to the mission of improving the way clinical research is conducted,” said Schloss. “I’m inspired by the opportunity to build on the company’s success and expertise as it continues to lead the market.”
Before joining Medidata Solutions, Eileen spent five years as executive vice president of human resources at Rovi Corporation, a publicly traded digital media entertainment software and services company. In this role, she managed all workforce and human resources activity for 2,500 employees worldwide through 19 acquisitions and divestitures. She also restructured and streamlined the company’s decentralized human resources organization and revamped the talent acquisition team, hiring more than 400 new employees in a single year and driving team integrations in Russia and China.
Previously, Eileen served as vice president of administration at Caspian Networks, Inc., where she was responsible for human resources, IT, legal, real estate and facilities. There, her initiatives included rebuilding the executive team, opening offshore offices in Japan and Korea and assessing outsourcing to India, China and Canada. Over the course of her career, Eileen has also held a range of executive positions at Exodus Communications, AppGenesys, Inc., Apple Computer, Charles Schwab, Inc. and Tandem Computers, Inc.
- “We are always looking to attract the best talent from a broad range of industries and company sizes. Eileen is joining us at a very exciting time, and her expertise will be critical as we expand our footprint in key regions and into new markets,” said Tarek Sherif, chairman and CEO, Medidata Solutions. “As we grow, Eileen will play a key role in supporting the culture of entrepreneurialism, collaboration and innovation we’ve worked hard to build since our inception.”
Eileen holds an M.S. in technology management from Pepperdine University in Malibu, Calif., as well as a B.S. in organizational behavior from the University of San Francisco.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV