Jefferies announced today that the firm and its staff will contribute to the relief efforts to assist the people who are suffering from the devastation from Hurricane Sandy and will offer investors around the world the opportunity to join these efforts. First, Jefferies will donate all net trading commissions on Wednesday, November 7 from U.S., European and Asia equity, fixed income, futures, foreign exchange and commodities trading. Second, Jefferies as a firm will donate $1 million itself directly. Finally, all 3,814 employees worldwide will be given the opportunity to donate to the relief effort their salary for the day on Wednesday. These contributions will be allocated to The American Red Cross and other worthy charities with the goal of immediately sending funds to relief efforts directly involved in providing aid and recovery.
"The people affected by this disaster are our families, our neighbors and our communities and we all feel their pain and suffering from these tragic events. While we know that there are massive relief efforts underway, it is our goal to help in this small way," commented Richard B. Handler, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Jefferies. "We ask for the support of investors around the world and offer our platform as a means to provide relief to those in need."
Jefferies Group, Inc. (NYSE: JEF), the global investment banking firm focused on serving clients for 50 years, is a leader in providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. The firm provides a full range of investment banking, sales, trading, research and strategy across the spectrum of equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures and commodities, and also select asset and wealth management strategies, in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV