NEW YORK -- AOL (AOL) is expected to report its third-quarter results before Tuesday's opening bell, and analysts are calling for earnings of 17 cents a share in the September-ended period on revenue of $521.6 million.
Shares of the Web content company have more than doubled so far this year, hitting a 52-week high of $37.94 on Oct. 17. In late August, AOL announced plans to distribute a special cash dividend of $5.15 a share to stockholders before the end of the year.
Zillow (Z) , the real estate information company, on Monday gave a soft revenue outlook for the final quarter of 2012.The company also announced a small acquisition, spending $12 million in cash and 150,000 restricted shares to purchase Mortech, a Lincoln, Neb.-based mortgage software and services company. Exclusive: Zillow CEO Talks Acquisition, Guidance
Nike (NKE)is close to a deal to sell its Cole Haan brand to Apax Partners for about $500 million, The New York Times reported. A deal could be announced next week, according to two people briefed on the matter, the newspaper said.
Express Scripts (ESRX) reported Monday a 20% increase in third-quarter profit but warned that 2013 could bring a weaker business climate.
Stock exchange operator NYSE Euronext (NYX) said Tuesday that third-quarter net revenue declined 21% to $559 million amid weaker trading in the U.S. and Europe. Net income fell 42%. Consider Trailing Stop Losses and Buying NYX
Earnings are also expected Tuesday from CVS Corp. (CVS), Marsh & McLennan (MMC), Office Depot (ODP), OfficeMax (OMX), Cache (CACH), News Corp. (NWS), Rackspace Hosting (RAX) and Vitesse Semiconductor (VTSS).
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV