TTM Technologies Inc. Stock Downgraded (TTMI)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 951.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $24.48 million to -$208.34 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, TTM TECHNOLOGIES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for TTM TECHNOLOGIES INC is rather low; currently it is at 21.60%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -61.50% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- The share price of TTM TECHNOLOGIES INC has not done very well: it is down 11.09% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- TTM TECHNOLOGIES INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TTM TECHNOLOGIES INC reported lower earnings of $0.51 versus $0.93 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.85 versus $0.51).
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
FREE for a limited time only: Get TheStreet Ratings #1 Stock Report NOW!.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts