Exclusive: HMC Hails ITN Education Channel As A 'Breakthrough' In Understanding Independent Schools
LONDON, November 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
The Chair of the UK's largest independent schools organisation says a 'lack of understanding' from politicians continues to undermine the work of the sector.
Dr Chris Ray, Chair of HMC (Headmasters' and Headmistresses' Conference), said "Politicians do not seem to understand the independent sector, they don't even understand what independence is. But how can someone deeply immersed in the controlling arena of politics what genuine independence is?"The news comes as video producer ITN Productions launched a brand new Education News channel in an exclusive partnership with HMC. HMC Membership Secretary Ian Power said that the channel would enhance the way HMC communicates with not only its own members, but with decision-makers across education and politics. "We're really excited by our collaboration with ITN Productions on this new channel. ITN is known all over the world for the quality of its journalism. We're really confident that we'll be able to create better understanding of the valuable contribution independent schools make to the education system," he said. The brand new channel discusses new innovations in education; what different schools and colleges are doing to enhance pupils' experience; successful community partnership programmes and examples of teaching excellence that improve performance in a cost effective manner. It also provides reports on current education issues including the recent exams controversy, university admissions and improving social mobility. To see the full interview and more exclusive content from the sector's leading schools and organisations please visit the ITN Education News channel: http://www.educationnews.itn.co.uk/ Education News from ITN Productions includes further reports about:
- An international school that thinks 'outside the box' when it comes to delivering its curriculum. The British School of Brussels launches it first ever bi-lingual teaching stream.
- A school that makes sure its pupils are more than just exam candidates, Framlingham College, where the watchword is 'quality': click here
- St Albans Schools Partnership Scheme Involves pupils in the community, offering lifelong learning and social skills which give back to the local area: click here
- Independent schools must start the process of enrolling every member of staff in an occupational pension scheme. The Pensions Trust estimates that up to 80% of support staff will need to be enrolled: click here
- Providing healthy meals for pupils, food broker Allmanhall, works on behalf of schools to source the very best produce and provide the best support: click here
- Graysons; a catering company that brings a genuine restaurant experience to school kitchens with trained chefs and a passion for great produce: click here
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV