November 5, 2012
Inmarsat plc (LSE: ISAT.L), the leading provider of global mobile satellite communications services, today provided the following information for the three months ended 30 September 2012.
Inmarsat plc - Highlights
- Total revenue excluding LightSquared $322m up 5% (2011: $308m)
- Wholesale maritime revenues up 17%
- Over 2,100 FleetBroadband terminals added in Q3
- Over 71,000 IsatPhone Pro subscribers at end of Q3
- XpressLink gaining market share with new orders
- Honeywell 5-year capacity commitment for business aviation with Global Xpress
Inmarsat Group Limited - Third Quarter Highlights
- Inmarsat Global MSS revenue $187m up 3% (2011: $181m)
- Inmarsat Solutions revenue $206m up 4% (2011: $197m)
- Total EBITDA excluding LightSquared $161m (2011: $172m)
- MSS active terminals up 13%
, Inmarsat's Chief Executive Officer, said, "The third quarter saw continued customer take-up of new services across our business sectors. In maritime, another very positive quarter was driven by the benefit of pricing initiatives earlier in the year and by the continuing strong take-up of FleetBroadband. Despite the headwinds we face from the on-going withdrawal from
, results for our land mobile business improved with growth from IsatPhone Pro and positive underlying data growth due mainly to new BGAN subscribers.
"In addition, we saw momentum in the take-up of our XpressLink service which is beginning to capture new market share and leads us to feel increasingly confident about the launch of Global Xpress. In view of these developments we have decided for 2013 to increase our level of investment in certain L-band opportunities and bring forward some costs for Global Xpress that will provide for a more advanced state of readiness for service launch. Overall, the third quarter continues to demonstrate improved and more stable revenues from our core wholesale operations and positions us well, despite the challenging macro-economic environment, to deliver revenues over this year and next within our current target."