TheStreet Predicts Obama Will Win the 2012 Election
Richard Saintvilus, TheStreet contributor:
"I think the president will win, but not as with a wide margin as in 2008. I think the president will get just over 300 electoral votes with Gov. Romney earning something in the 230s. If I were to make a guess, I would say Obama, 305 and Romney, 233. Democrats win the Senate 52-46. Republicans will win the House 245-191.
"I'd like to think that the focus will be on Sandy and the victims who are yet in dire need of assistance, but overall, that Gov. [Chris] Christie was able to set aside any political rift and work closely with the president in assessing the damage, I think was pretty significant. Perhaps, this might have swayed in his favor those that were undecided. I don't think Republicans will use this devastation as a political platform. But I've been wrong with these expectations before. Sandy or no Sandy, I think the president was going to win - albeit a close victory. But that he was 'distantly' endorsed by Christie last week was huge."
Mark Messier, TheStreet contributor:"Obama wins with 290 votes. Republicans take House, Democrats take Senate." Tony Pelz, TheStreet contributor: "OK: I'll take the (likely) opposite view of everyone else -- Romney in a landslide." Dan Rosenblum, TheStreet contributor: "Romney 341. Dems, Senate. House, Republicans." Jim Van Meerten, TheStreet contributor: "I think this will be so close that we will end up in court over Ohio and Florida."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV