UPC Holding B.V. (“UPC Holding”) is today providing selected, preliminary unaudited financial and operating information for the three months (“Q3”) ended September 30, 2012. UPC Holding is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Liberty Global, Inc. (“Liberty Global”) (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK). A copy of this press release will be posted to the Liberty Global website ( www.lgi.com). In addition, UPC Holding’s unaudited condensed consolidated financial statements with the accompanying notes are expected to be posted prior to the end of November 2012.
Financial and operating highlights for the three months ended September 30, 2012, as compared to the results for the same period last year (unless noted), include:
- Organic RGU 1 additions of 123,000, bringing total RGUs to 19 million
- Strongest quarterly rebased growth in five quarters:
- Revenue increased 6% to €1.08 billion, representing rebased 2 growth of 3%
- Operating cash flow (“OCF”) 3 improved 7% to €537 million, reflecting rebased growth of 4%
- Operating income increased by 7% year-over-year to €271 million
- Capital expenditures as a percentage of revenue declined to 16% of revenue
- Over 95% of consolidated third-party debt is due in 2016 and beyond
For the three and nine months ended September 30, 2012, our consolidated revenue increased by 6% for each period to €1.08 billion and €3.18 billion respectively, as compared to the corresponding prior year periods. Both results were positively impacted by continued subscriber growth, as we added over 700,000 organic RGUs during the last twelve months, acquisitions including Aster in Poland and, to a lesser extent, favorable foreign currency (“FX”) movements. Adjusting for both the impact of acquisitions and FX, we achieved year-over-year rebased revenue growth of 3% for each of the three- and nine-month 2012 periods.