4 Top Real Estate Markets for Foreign Buyers
Foreign and new-immigrant buyers are buying 7% of all Texas properties sold.
"What we're seeing is a very different kind of Mexican [buyer]," says real estate broker Alston Boyd, who owns Austin-based Boyd & Boyd. "We used to have so many [low-income] workers coming north, but now we have wealthy Mexicans buying homes and investment properties."
Boyd says Mexican elites are buying homes in Houston, San Antonio and other Texas locales to avoid crime sweeping some Mexican cities, particularly northern towns near the U.S. border."I don't want to completely blacken the name of Mexico, because there are places there that are very safe," he says. "But there are other places that are not safe." Boyd says the added demand is giving the Lone Star State's housing market a Texas-sized boost. "Any time you have 7% more investment in any market, that's going to help a great deal," he says.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV