4 Top Real Estate Markets for Foreign Buyers
Foreigners and recent immigrants account for 7% of all Arizona home purchases, with Canadian vacation- and retirement-home buyers leading the way.
"We see Canadians come here just to get away from the cold weather," says Jodi Kevern of Arizona Focus Realty, which specializes in working with buyers from the Great White North.
Kevern says buyers from Canada's western provinces flock to Arizona because the state has a mild climate, lower prices than the West Coast and a location just 2.5 hours from Alberta by plane.She considers the Canadians a godsend for the Grand Canyon State -- and for her own neighborhood, where they've turned several run-down, foreclosed properties into well-maintained vacation homes. "The houses may be still vacant for much of the year, but at least they're taken care of instead of having weeds 5 feet high," Kevern says. "It's boosting all of our property values."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV