PPL Electric Utilities' automated system that provides customer messages on estimated restoration times was turned off after technical problems on Saturday resulted in customers receiving inaccurate messages.
Customers can call 1-800-DIAL-PPL (1-800-342-5775) or check pplelectric.com for restoration updates. The utility's outage web site is adapted for mobile phones at www.pplelectric.com.
Customers are reminded to avoid power lines on or near the ground, and safely use portable generators with proper ventilation.
PPL Electric Utilities, a subsidiary of PPL Corporation (NYSE: PPL), provides electric delivery services to about 1.4 million customers in Pennsylvania and consistently ranks among the best companies for customer service in the United States. More information is available at www.pplelectric.com.SOURCE PPL Electric Utilities
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV