New Oil Workers Key Bloc In ND Senate Race
Meyer, a Democrat, said she has tried to "hit the new areas" in her re-election campaign.
She said some of the workers had absentee ballot paperwork.
"The vast majority of them that I visited with said, 'We work 16 hours a day, and we have no intention of voting" in North Dakota, she said.
Other lawmakers said they doubted the new residents would be rushing to the polls."I don't think they're going to influence (election results) a lot for the local stuff. They're really just doing their work, and sending money home to their families," said state Rep. Bob Skarphol, a Republican from Tioga.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV