And if the Street waxes optimistically this morning -- I have yet seen the reviews -- I will sell the balance of my AIG (no rush!) and wait (depending on price) for the secondary to reenter the name.
I continue to expect that the AIG secondary will come in November/early December, but previously I thought it would come between $34-$35 and then the shares would not look back. Now I think it might come $32-$33 and the sale and near-term outlook will be more of a struggle.
The conference call is currently under way.
At the time of publication, Kass was long AIG.
Taking a Bite Out of Apple
Originally published on Wednesday, Oct. 31 at 10:41 a.m. EDT.
- Many of my recent concerns have been discounted in the $110-per-share schmeissing in Apple shares.
- Month-end is probably exaggerating the price fall, as some investors/traders want the stock off of their books.
- Controversy surrounding the recently announced management changes have likely hastened and accelerated the share price decline. These concerns are probably overblown.
- Product concerns are also likely overblown -- though the competitive landscape is changing.
- The technicals! As I have previously written, I believe in charts, especially at important support and resistance lines. Apple's 200-day moving average is $588.70, and I suspect it will hold for now.
Parsing the Data
Originally published on Friday, Nov. 2 at 12:12 p.m. EDT.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV