Minister Blaney Encourages Canadians To Take Time To Remember
Each year, from November 5 to 11, Canadians join together to celebrate Veterans' Week-this year is no different.
During this week, hundreds of commemorative ceremonies and events will take place across the country to recognize the achievements of our Veterans and honour those who made the ultimate sacrifice.
This Veterans' Week, take the remembrance challenge. There are many ways to show that you remember and honour our Veterans:
- Pin a poppy above your heart.
- Attend the local Remembrance Day ceremony.
- Talk to a friend or relative who has just returned home from Afghanistan or who served in other areas of conflict.
- Listen to Veterans talk about their experiences.
- Create a mashup and share it on the YouTube Channel.
- Visit the Veterans Affairs Canada Facebook fan page, write on our wall and share how you remember.
- Follow Veterans Affairs Canada on Twitter and tweet about how you remember.
- Change your Facebook profile picture to a poppy.
- Blog, tweet or update your Facebook status about the importance of remembrance.
Above all, we must vow never to forget. However you choose to remember, be sure to share with everyone you know. Together, it is our duty to pass on the legacy and keep the memories of our Canadian Veterans alive.For more information on events planned in your area check our Calendar of Events at veterans.gc.ca/iremember . Lest we forget. SOURCE Veterans Affairs Canada
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts