Minister Blaney Encourages Canadians To Take Time To Remember
OTTAWA, Nov. 4, 2012 /CNW/ - The Honourable Steven Blaney, Minister of Veterans Affairs, today issued the following statement encouraging all Canadians to take time to remember this Veterans' Week from November 5 to 11.
"Veterans' Week is a time when we pause to reflect on the courageous efforts of the men and women in uniform who have served this country, and those who continue to serve today. This week and throughout the year, I call upon individuals and community groups from coast-to-coast-to-coast to take time to remember.
"Canadians can engage in remembrance by joining our Canada Remembers Facebook page, following us on Twitter, or downloading the Veterans Matter mobile app. The online calendar of events section directs Canadians to ceremonies and events in their communities. Across Canada, hundreds of remembrance events and activities will be held to honour Veterans and members of the Canadian Armed Forces. All of these features and much more can now be found on the new ' I Remember' hub page at veterans.gc.ca .
"Throughout the past year, we have marked a number of significant historical military milestones, including the 95 th anniversary of the Battle of Vimy Ridge, the 95 th anniversary of the capture of Passchendaele and the 70 th anniversary of the Dieppe Raid. Recognizing these important anniversaries ensures that the stories of our Veterans will live on for generations to come."This Veterans' Week, taking time to remember can be as simple as wearing a poppy, talking to Veterans about their experiences or attending a local ceremony. I encourage Canadians to find their own personal way of honouring and remembering the contributions of Canada's Veterans whose legacy is the peace and security we continue to enjoy today." For more information on Veterans' Week, visit veterans.gc.ca . Backgrounder Veterans' Week
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV