MORRISTOWN, N.J., Nov. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless continues to focus on assisting customers impacted by Hurricane Sandy. Today company officials announced they are crediting voice and text overage charges for customers in counties* of the New York Metro Area and New Jersey impacted by Hurricane Sandy. The voice and text credits will be automatically applied to accounts for usage between October 29 and November 16 . Previously, the company announced it had suspended late fees and would not disconnect services due to late payments for affected customers during the storm recovery period. Verizon Wireless customers are auto-enrolled for free text message alerts to notify customers of their allowance usage at several threshold levels . As a result, customers eligible for voice and text overage credit may in some cases still receive Voice and Text Usage Alerts tied to their usual monthly allowance. Customers have the option to opt-out of receiving these messages by going to Verizon Wireless My Account.
* Included counties can be found at http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2012/11/pr2012-11-04a.html
Wireless network restoration efforts continue to progress overnight
Verizon Wireless reported that 98.1% of its cell sites were in service in the areas impacted by Hurricane Sandy across the northeastern U.S., and that the company had seen significant wireless network improvement in the New York/ New Jersey metropolitan area, particularly in lower Manhattan.In support of the continuing relief effort, Verizon Wireless augmented service on Saturday at Floyd Bennett Field, in Breezy Point, Queens, and dispatched additional mobile network resources to Coney Island, Long Beach, and Staten Island, NY.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV