Nov. 4, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- Multi-format food and fuel retailer Giant Eagle, Inc. is launching its first Good Cents Grocery + More store on
Sunday, November 4
, at 7215 McKnight Road in
, bringing a uniquely fresh approach to value-priced grocery shopping in
Providing extremely low prices on produce, deli, meat, cheese and grocery items, the
-based company's 46,000 square-foot store will feature a 3,800 square-foot produce section offering more than 230 conventional and organic produce items, a cheese department with more than 60 specialty items, a full-service deli and a fully-stocked meat department featuring meat cut and ground fresh in-store.
The new Good Cents Grocery + More will also offer groceries with a popular mix of name brand national and regional brands alongside Food Club and Valu Time store brands.
"This is the format people have been waiting for," said Good Cents Senior Vice President
. "Think of it as the missing link between discount stores and supermarkets.
"Good Cents reflects the real fresh, not real fancy experience for customers who know how to recognize a great deal on high quality products," Tedesco added. "Good Cents comes to
at the perfect time, as families continue to struggle through a sluggish economy and rising food and commodity costs."
Spending Less Makes Cents
Good Cents Grocery + More will open with
low everyday prices on items such as:
- Bananas, $0.28 per pound
- Russet potatoes, 10 pound bag, $1.99 each
- Granny Smith or Gala Apples, $0.88 per pound
- Iceberg lettuce, $0.79 each
- Fresh 80% ground chuck (ground fresh in-store), $2.29 per pound
- Whole boneless center cut pork loin, $1.67 per pound
- Fresh chicken drumsticks or thighs value pack, $0.67 per pound
- Boneless pork country style ribs value pack, $2.99 per pound
- American cheese, $2.49 per pound
- Chopped ham, $1.99 per pound
- Hot pepper loaf, $2.49 per pound
- Riverside oven prepared turkey breast, $2.99 per pound
- Kellogg's cereals, assorted varieties, $1.99 each
- Maxwell House Wake-Up Roast Coffee, 30.65 ounce can, $5.99 each
- Progresso soup, assorted varieties, 19 ounce can, $0.79
- Charmin bath tissue, 9 big rolls, $4.29 per pack
"While today's shoppers are certainly looking to stretch their food budgets through affordable-priced shopping, they shouldn't have to sacrifice quality and freshness," said Tedesco. "Our unique Good Cents format offers customers outstanding fresh produce, meat, deli and cheese items at prices that make 'cents.'"