National Urban League To Hold Occupy The Vote Rally At The National Constitution Center
National and Local Civic Leaders, Entertainers Meet to Mobilize Voters
PHILADELPHIA, Nov. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- With just a few days left before the federal election, the National Urban League ( www.nul.org) and the Urban League of Philadelphia ( www.urbanleaguephila.org) will hold a major get-out-the-vote rally in the cradle of American Liberty, Philadelphia, PA, in partnership with the National Constitution Center on Sunday, November 4 th from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
The rally is intended to energize and mobilize Philadelphians to go to the polls on Tuesday, November 6 th and cast their ballots. The rally will be hosted by actress and comedienne, Kim Coles and local radio personality MoShay LaRen; and will feature remarks from national and local civic and religious leaders as well as live performances by recording artist Vivian Green and the world renowned Philadanco dance troupe.
Marc Morial, president of the National Urban League, who will deliver key remarks at the rally, said efforts to dissuade voters from turning out cannot be allowed to succeed."In 2008, for the first time in our history, African-Americas became equal partners at the table of democracy," Morial said. "We cannot allow those forces to succeed who would turn back the clock and erase the progress we've made. Too many have paid in blood and treasure to secure this sacred right and we owe it to them to cast our ballot." "Voter apathy is an illness we, as a community, cannot afford. Tuesday's election will set the direction of this country for the next four years," said Patricia A. Coulter, president and CEO of the Philadelphia Urban League. "Funding for education and safety nets for the poor are at stake. With key congressional seats on the line as well as the presidency, it is vital that every registered voter go to the polls and make their voice heard."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV