NYC Mayor: Gas Shortages Could Go on for Days
NEW YORK -- Mayor Michael Bloomberg says that fully resolving the shortages at gas stations could take a few days.
Bloomberg spoke at a briefing Saturday.
Long lines of vehicles and pedestrians formed after Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced that the U.S. Department of Defense was opening the mobile fuel stations in New York City and on suburban Long Island.
The government then asked the public to stay away from the locations until emergency responders get their gas.National Guard Col. Richard Goldenberg said Saturday afternoon that people who were already at the distribution sites would not be turned away. > > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV