- Lower Rates for Consumers: "Proposition 33 is good policy that will lead to lower rates by encouraging more competition among insurance carriers in California." – Greenlining Institute
- Good for Business: More than 200,000 businesses represented by chambers of commerce throughout the state support Prop 33 because it increases competition and saves them money.
- Helps the Military: "When California men and women put on their uniform and go overseas to protect our nation they put their cars in storage. Right now they have to pay a surcharge when they come back from combat. This is flat out wrong." Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW)
- Safer Streets: "We see thousands of accidents each year and we encounter a lot of people who do not have automobile insurance. We see firsthand the difficulties that are caused by lack of insurance. It's time to help everyone get insured – and this initiative takes a significant step in that direction," Bob Wolf, President of CDF Firefighters. The California Association of Highway Patrolmen and other law enforcement groups support Prop 33 for the same reason.
- Bi-Partisan & Non-Political: Liberal Democrats and Conservative Republicans alike support Prop 33.
- Proven to Work: "I strongly support Proposition 33 because history tells us the initiative will reduce the number of uninsured drivers and lowering rates," said Milo Pearson, the former State of California Deputy Insurance Commissioner, who noted that the number of uninsured drivers dropped by 50 percent when the state had Prop 33 laws on the books from 1996-2002.
- Protects Regulatory Safeguards : The State of California remains the authority in setting rates that are not excessive to consumers.
- Restores Consumer Choice : Proposition 33 allows drivers to switch insurance companies and keep their continuous coverage discount. This gives the consumer control and forces insurance companies to compete harder, lowering prices and insuring more Californians.
- Ensures Fairness: Prop 33 protects auto insurance discounts for college students, unemployed, military and others.
- 48 Other States: Prop 33 gives Californians what drivers in 48 other states already have - the right to a discount.
Yes On Prop 33 Support Surges As Californians Seize Opportunity To Save Money On Their Auto Insurance
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts