Yes On Prop 33 Support Surges As Californians Seize Opportunity To Save Money On Their Auto Insurance
SACRAMENTO, Calif., Nov. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Support is surging for Proposition 33 as voters learn more about how the ballot measure rewards responsible drivers and provides them with lower auto insurance rates.
" California voters get it – Prop 33 empowers responsible drivers and lowers their auto rates," said Rachel Hooper, spokeswoman for the Yes On Prop 33 campaign spokeswoman. "We're seeing a noticeable spike in support that we believe stems from all the positive energy around Prop 33 because it save Californians money and offers so many benefits."
- Lower Rates for Consumers: "Proposition 33 is good policy that will lead to lower rates by encouraging more competition among insurance carriers in California." – Greenlining Institute
- Good for Business: More than 200,000 businesses represented by chambers of commerce throughout the state support Prop 33 because it increases competition and saves them money.
- Helps the Military: "When California men and women put on their uniform and go overseas to protect our nation they put their cars in storage. Right now they have to pay a surcharge when they come back from combat. This is flat out wrong." Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW)
- Safer Streets: "We see thousands of accidents each year and we encounter a lot of people who do not have automobile insurance. We see firsthand the difficulties that are caused by lack of insurance. It's time to help everyone get insured – and this initiative takes a significant step in that direction," Bob Wolf, President of CDF Firefighters. The California Association of Highway Patrolmen and other law enforcement groups support Prop 33 for the same reason.
- Bi-Partisan & Non-Political: Liberal Democrats and Conservative Republicans alike support Prop 33.
- Proven to Work: "I strongly support Proposition 33 because history tells us the initiative will reduce the number of uninsured drivers and lowering rates," said Milo Pearson, the former State of California Deputy Insurance Commissioner, who noted that the number of uninsured drivers dropped by 50 percent when the state had Prop 33 laws on the books from 1996-2002.
- Protects Regulatory Safeguards : The State of California remains the authority in setting rates that are not excessive to consumers.
- Restores Consumer Choice : Proposition 33 allows drivers to switch insurance companies and keep their continuous coverage discount. This gives the consumer control and forces insurance companies to compete harder, lowering prices and insuring more Californians.
- Ensures Fairness: Prop 33 protects auto insurance discounts for college students, unemployed, military and others.
- 48 Other States: Prop 33 gives Californians what drivers in 48 other states already have - the right to a discount.
California drivers deserve a reward for being responsible and purchasing car insurance," said Hooper. "Proposition 33 lets them shop around their discount for a better deal. Prop 33 benefits everybody."
Hooper noted that consumers are also responding to Prop 33's reputable and broad base of support: American Legion; Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) of California; American GI Forum; The Greenlining Institute; Peace Officers Research Association of California (PORAC); CDF Firefighters Local 2881; California Association of Highway Patrolmen; Senator Juan Vargas, Former Chair of the Assembly Insurance Committee; Willie Brown, Former Democratic Speaker of the Assembly; Jim Brulte, Former Republican Senate Minority Leader; California Republican Party; Former Lieutenant Governor of California, Cruz Bustamante; Don Perata, Democratic leader and former California Senate President pro Tempore; American Agents Alliance, representing thousands of independent insurance agents and brokers from throughout California; Slavic American Chamber of Commerce; Merced Filipino Chamber of Commerce; Greater Bakersfield Chamber of Commerce; Asian American Business Women's Association; Asian Business Association of Orange County; Asian Americans in Commercial Real Estate; Council for Asian American Business Associations; Southeast Asian Community Center; Asian Business Association of Los Angeles; Chinese Chamber of Commerce of Los Angeles; AP3CON; Global Network Solutions; Corona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce; Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Alameda County; South Bay Latino Chamber of Commerce; San Francisco African American Chamber of Commerce; The Greater Phoenix Urban League; Central Valley Asian Pacific American Chamber of Commerce; Salvadoran American Leadership Fund; Annenberg Chinese Students and Alumni Association; Chinese American Citizens Alliance; Search to Involve Pilipino Americans; South Bay Association of Chambers of Commerce; Rosemead Chamber of Commerce; Central Valley Asian Pacific American Chamber of Commerce; Asian American Business Women Association; Esquivel, Rosemead School Board member; Valley Industry and Commerce Association.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV