LA JOLLA, Calif., Nov. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Regulus Therapeutics Inc. ( NASDAQ: RGLS), a biopharmaceutical company leading the discovery and development of innovative medicines targeting microRNAs, today announced that new preclinical data targeting microRNA-21 (miR-21) will be presented at 10:00 a.m. PDT on November 3, 2012 in a late-breaking poster session at the American Society of Nephrology's Kidney Week 2012, meeting in San Diego, CA, October 30—November 4, 2012.
Late-Breaker Poster Presentation on miR-21 - November 3, 2012 10:00 a.m. PDT
- Anti-miR-21 Protects Collagen IV α (3) Deficient Mice from Progression of Alport Disease-Regulus scientists and its collaborator, Jeremy Duffield M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor of Medicine in the Division of Nephrology at the University of Washington, will present data demonstrating that therapeutic oligonucleotides targeting miR-21 (anti-miR-21) reduces the severity of fibrosis and improves renal function in a rodent model of Alport syndrome. Regulus' miR-21 therapeutic development program, which is partnered with Sanofi, is currently in preclinical testing for both kidney fibrosis and hepatocellular carcinoma. "We are pleased to present at Kidney Week and believe these data further validate that anti-miR-21 is a potential new therapy for human kidney disease," said Neil W. Gibson, Ph.D., Chief Scientific Officer of Regulus. "We're making good progress toward the selection of an anti-miR-21 clinical development candidate and are excited about the potential to bring this innovative treatment to patients with fibrotic diseases." The abstract can be accessed at Regulus' website, http://www.regulusrx.com, in the Publications page. About Regulus Regulus Therapeutics Inc. ( NASDAQ :RGLS) is a biopharmaceutical company leading the discovery and development of innovative medicines targeting microRNAs. Regulus is leveraging a mature therapeutic platform based on technology that has been developed over 20 years. Regulus works with a broad network of academic collaborators and leverages the oligonucleotide drug discovery and development expertise of its founding companies, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals ( NASDAQ :ALNY) and Isis Pharmaceuticals ( NASDAQ :ISIS). Regulus is advancing microRNA therapeutics toward clinical development in several areas, including oncology, fibrosis, hepatitis C and metabolic diseases. Regulus has formed strategic alliances with AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline and Sanofi and a research collaboration with Biogen Idec. For more information, please visit http://www.regulusrx.com. Forward-Looking Statements Statements contained in this press release regarding matters that are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements associated with Regulus' expectations regarding future therapeutic and commercial potential of Regulus' business plans, technologies and intellectual property related to microRNA therapeutics being discovered and developed by Regulus. Because such statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Words such as "believes," "anticipates," "plans," "expects," "intends," "will," "goal," "potential" and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based upon Regulus' current expectations and involve assumptions that may never materialize or may prove to be incorrect. Actual results and the timing of events could differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements as a result of various risks and uncertainties, which include, without limitation, risks associated with the process of discovering, developing and commercializing drugs that are safe and effective for use as human therapeutics, and in the endeavor of building a business around such drugs. These and other risks concerning Regulus' programs are described in additional detail in Regulus' SEC filings. All forward-looking statements contained in this press release speak only as of the date on which they were made. Regulus undertakes no obligation to update such statements to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made. SOURCE Regulus Therapeutics Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV