TextPlus Donates 10 Million Free Calling Minutes To Help Hurricane Sandy Victims Stay Connected
MARINA DEL REY, Calif., Nov 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Free mobile communications app textPlus has announced a donation of 10 million in-app minutes to help victims of Hurricane Sandy. The minutes can be used to call loved ones across the country for free from Apple and Android smartphones and connected devices including iPod touch, iPad and tablets. textPlus can be used over WiFi even when cell phone service isn't working.
New and existing textPlus users can download the minutes by doing the following:
- Apple users: Click "Buy or Earn Minutes" within the app. From there, click "Complete Offer" to bring up the option to download five free minutes.
- Android users: Click "Get More Minutes" within the app. From there, click "View Offers" to bring up the option to download five free minutes.
Minutes will only be used toward calls to non-textPlus users. Calls and text messages to other textPlus users in the US are always free.
"We are all in shock at the widespread devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy," said Scott Lahman, Founder and CEO of textPlus. "It's our sincere hope that we can help people affected by this storm get connected with loved ones during this difficult time."About textPlus textPlus is a leading mobile communications service that lets anyone text, talk and share for free or cheaply. We offer unparalleled choice, savings, and reliability to consumers globally for a better phone experience. Our open network connects over 110 million people worldwide through a chart-leading app available for iOS, Android and Windows smartphones and devices including iPod touch and tablets. textPlus is headquartered in Marina del Rey and backed by leading investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers, Matrix Partners, GRP Partners and The Raine Group. Learn more at www.textplus.com. SOURCE textPlus
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV