Two Weeks Left In Orange County Great Park Food Drive
IRVINE, Calif., Nov. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Come to the Great Park to celebrate the harvest season and help local families fight hunger now through November 18. Visitors can support the month-long Great Park Food Drive by bringing non-perishable canned or packaged food items to the special collection bins located in the Great Park Visitors Center inside Historic Hangar 244 or to the Great Park Farmers Market. Donations will help Second Harvest Food Bank and the Orange County Food Bank fight hunger this holiday season.
Each food donor will be entered into a drawing to win a $100 gift certificate from Dick's Sporting Goods. The winner of the Dick's Sporting Goods gift certificate will be notified on Wednesday, November 21. One entry per donation drop-off.
"We're proud of our reputation as a 'park with a heart,'" said Beth Krom, Chair, Orange County Great Park Corporation. "Our goal is to collect 5,000 pounds of non-perishable food donations, which will provide about 4,400 meals for Orange County families in need. According to Second Harvest Food Bank, 615,000 people in Orange County are at risk of hunger each month."
The Great Park Food Drive officially kicked-off at the Great Park Pumpkin Harvest on Saturday, October 20. Visitors to the Pumpkin Harvest donated more than 2,775 pounds of food. More than 14,000 visitors attended and enjoyed the day-long celebration featuring family entertainment, pumpkin carving, trick-or-treat stations, a harvest walk and Monster Mash puppet show.Great Park Food Drive Drop-Off Station Hours
- The Great Park Visitors Center is open on Thursday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- The Great Park Farmers Market is open Sundays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV