PACE Supports Propositions 30 And 38 -- California's Best Protection Against Deficits, Economic Weakness And Crime
His groundbreaking work with a consortium of economists, psychologists, statisticians and neuroscientists has shown that early childhood development directly influences economic, health and social outcomes for individuals and society.
"The families of at-risk children lack the resources to provide the early developmental stimulation that is so helpful for success in school, college, career and life. Poor health, dropout rates, poverty and crime – California can address these problems and substantially reduce their costs to taxpayers by investing in developmental opportunities for at-risk children."
Says Martine Singer, a PACE member and prominent educator in Los Angeles, "High-quality education is the way out of poverty." Singer, president of Para Los Ninos, a Los Angeles-based child services agency and charter school operator, says that neglecting early childhood education while continuing to fund the state's robust juvenile detention and prison systems is "the classic mistake of penny-wise and pound-foolish."
Benefits of Early Childhood Education
- For every dollar spent on high-quality early childhood education, society at large saves $4 to $17 by reducing the need for special education programs and welfare, by cutting crime and by reducing grade retention.
- Every dollar spent on subsidizing child care results in a savings of $2.17 for the overall economy.
- Improved academic success for children through higher test scores and better attendance.
- Increased rates of high school completion and college attendance, resulting in greater earnings potential for students and a seven-fold reduction in the likelihood of ending up in the criminal justice system.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV