Menchie's To Raise Funds For Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief Efforts
ENCINO, Calif., Nov. 02, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Menchie's, North America's fastest-growing self-serve frozen yogurt franchise, today announced a nationwide fundraiser, " The Smile After the Storm", that will support The American Red Cross' aid in relief for Hurricane Sandy. On Friday, November 16 th, 2012, participating Menchie's restaurants will donate 10 percent of sales to the American Red Cross, helping to provide shelter, food, and general aid to those affected by Hurricane Sandy.
"Like the rest of the nation, we are deeply moved and feel we have a responsibility to be supportive in helping those impacted by the devastation Hurricane Sandy caused," said Amit Kleinberger, CEO of Menchie's Group, Inc. "The Menchie's franchisees pride themselves on giving back to local communities around the globe and have provided an outpouring of support of the American Red Cross fundraising event."
Recently on a national scale, Menchie's raised $234,307 for the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA), "spreading smiles" to children and adults affected by neuromuscular disease. Menchie's is also actively involved in each community it serves. Stores partner with local schools in fundraising activities and education incentive programs. Each Menchie's store donates thousands of dollars in cash and products annually to local schools to support student programs. "We're a brand that makes people smile, so it is second nature for us to help those who need it," added Kleinberger.
Menchie's makes guests smile by serving an unlimited mix of yogurt and toppings at a unique self-serve station with more than 100 rotating yogurt flavors from cake batter and pomegranate tart to chocolate silk and vanilla snow, and more than 70 rotating toppings including fresh fruits, granolas, nuts, and an assortment of high quality candies and hot fudges.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV