Yes On Prop. 33 Benefits College Students & Young Adult Drivers
SACRAMENTO, Calif., Nov. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Proposition 33 will extend lower auto insurance rates to college students and young adult drivers – living at home with their parents or using their parents' home as their official residence, the Yes On Prop 33 campaign announced.
"Today, young people are not eligible for the same discount as their parents," said Rachel Hooper, spokeswoman for the Yes on Prop 33 campaign.
This initiative is supported by the leading consumer group The Greenlining Institute and public safety organizations.
"The goal when writing this initiative was to be inclusive – to make it easier for more Californians to have mandatory car insurance, and to reward those being responsible with a new discount. It is a huge benefit that college students and adult children living at home will receive the same discount available to their parents," said Hooper.Proposition 33 allows drivers to switch insurance companies and keep their continuous coverage discount. This gives the consumer control and forces insurance companies to compete harder, lowering prices and insuring more Californians. Children living with their parents, or returning home from college or elsewhere, also would be able to receive this same discount available to their parents. "These provisions protect the continuous coverage history of those who suffered from the economic downturn and young drivers on the cusp of leaving home," said Hooper. In addition to college students and families, Prop 33 has attracted a wide range of other support, including California law enforcement, firefighters, major veterans' groups, leaders of both political parties, ethnic organizations and chambers of commerce. Supporters are drawn to the fact that Prop 33:
- Lowers auto insurance rates
- Means more insured drivers and safer streets.
- Restores consumer choice.
- Preserves state regulatory oversight of rates.
- Protects military personnel and others whose policies have lapsed due to unemployment, illness or other factors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV