State Garden Issues Consumer Advisory
CHELSEA, Mass., Nov. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- State Garden is providing this consumer advisory regarding its 11-ounce Organic Spinach with Spring Mix blend (Club Pack) produced for Wegmans on October 12 and 13, 2012. The advisory is based on preliminary reports that the product may have been contaminated with Escherichia coli O157:H7. The products in question are the 11-ounce package of Organic Spinach with Spring Mix blend (Club Pack) with use by dates of October 23 and 24, 2012, and have traceback codes of 60832 and 14765. These products are beyond the best by date, and should not be consumed.
Wegmans has announced a voluntary recall for these products. The products were withdrawn from the market by Wegmans on November 1, 2012 out of an abundance of caution, and not at the request of any regulatory agency. Illnesses are being investigated, but no illnesses have been confirmed as related to State Garden products. State Garden is fully cooperating with all federal and state authorities in connection with this matter. The investigation is currently ongoing and, therefore, there is no further information or details that can be provided at this time.
About Escherichia coli O157:H7 bacteria (E. Coli O157:H7)E. coli O157:H7 causes a diarrheal illness often with bloody stools. Although most healthy adults can recover completely within a week, some people can develop a form of kidney failure called Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome (HUS). HUS is most likely to occur in young children and the elderly.
Organic Spinach with Spring Mix blend (Club Pack) under this advisory were distributed to Wegmans retail stores in New York State.
SOURCE State Garden
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV