U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB), parent company of U.S. Bank, has committed $250,000 to the American Red Cross Disaster Responder Program to aid those on the East Coast who are working to recover from the devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy.
U.S. Bank is also encouraging employees to use the matching gift program from the U.S. Bancorp Foundation to double the impact of any contributions they make to the American Red Cross or other nonprofit relief agencies.
“The damage caused by Hurricane Sandy is heartbreaking,” said Richard Davis, chairman, president and chief executive officer of U.S. Bancorp. “Our thoughts and prayers are with all the victims of this terrible storm, and those who are struggling to recover. U.S. Bank and our employees hope our contributions will help our neighbors on the East Coast get back on their feet.”
In addition to the contributions, U.S. Bank is waiving late charges and offering credit bureau protection for mortgage customers whose homes or workplaces have been affected, and will also work with impacted mortgage customers on payment options. U.S. Bank is also waiving late, over limit and annual fees for U.S. Bank and Elan cardholders located in the affected areas.U.S. Bancorp, with $352 billion in assets as of Sept. 30, 2012, is the parent company of U.S. Bank, the 5th largest commercial bank in the United States. The company operates 3,086 banking offices in 25 states and 5,080 ATMs and provides a comprehensive line of banking, brokerage, insurance, investment, mortgage, trust and payment services products to consumers, businesses and institutions. U.S. Bancorp and its employees are dedicated to improving the communities they serve, for which the company earned the 2011 Spirit of America Award, the highest honor bestowed on a company by United Way. Visit U.S. Bancorp on the web at www.usbank.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV