NYC Marathon Canceled: Reports
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The New York City Marathon has been called off, according to multiple media reports late Friday.
The Web site of CBS New York was among the outlets reporting the cancellation, citing a statement from the office of Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
Earlier in the day, Bloomberg had been defending the decision to hold the marathon on Sunday despite the ongoing difficulties in the area from Hurricane Sandy.
The New York Times was also reporting the race's cancellation, citing an unnamed person familiar with the situation.-- Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV