NEW YORK, Nov. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- JetBlue Airways Corp. (NASDAQ: JBLU) reports the following impact of Hurricane Sandy, and its plans to help the community recover.
Operations are fully restored to the JetBlue airports impacted by Hurricane Sandy, including all
New York metropolitan airports, and the airline expects to resume its full schedule tomorrow,
November 3, 2012.
JetBlue customers booked for travel through Sunday, November 4, 2012 may rebook without fee through November 14. Customers who purchased tickets on or before October 28, 2012 and booked for travel through the end of the year who find themselves unable to travel may convert the full value of their ticket into a credit valid for one year. Full details are available here: http://bit.ly/ME6Gx4
JetBlue is matching the first $100,000 in donations made to the American Red Cross via its website ( http://jetbluegives.org/). In addition, the company is donating $250,000 to the JetBlue Crewmember Crisis Fund, a 503(c) independent non-profit designed to support JetBlue crewmembers, and will match, dollar for dollar, all crewmember donations to the fund through November 30, 2012.
" New York is our hometown, and accordingly, we had a large number of crewmembers, customers and neighbors in harm's way this week. Our thoughts are with those who lost loved ones and suffered catastrophic property loss throughout the Northeast," said JetBlue President and CEO Dave Barger.Although JetBlue cancelled 1,484 flights in October due to Hurricane Sandy, the overall financial impact to JetBlue's October profitability is not expected to be material. JetBlue cancelled 230 additional flights in November due to Hurricane Sandy, and the company expects short term demand to soften as customers focus their attention to recovering from the storm. As a result, fourth quarter impact is expected to be material.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV