- Helping them understand: Take the time to explain in detail what damage has occurred and why it is necessary to relocate, even just temporarily. Acknowledge their distress and encourage them to share their feelings.
- Allowing them to grieve: Let them take some time to process any loss, including their property. Help them identify one or two small things, even if something is not salvageable, to take with them as a reminder of their home. It may help them be more at peace with moving on from what is left.
- Supporting their adaptation: Moving to a new location can cause disorientation, especially for seniors suffering from memory loss, hearing loss or low vision. Gently remind them of what occurred and discuss their new location frequently. Make sure their necessities, such as glasses, medication, and even a large clock and calendar, are easily accessible. Display a familiar item close by so they feel at home.
Sunrise Senior Living Provides Safe Harbor For Seniors Displaced By Hurricane Sandy
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.