What is your top "sleeper" or "under the radar" stock?
Deakins: I would say our top under the radar stock is another of our top holdings, Sumitomo Corp. Sumitomo is a Japanese conglomerate known as a trading company. I like its general diversification and exposure to many parts of the global economy. Investors obtain this exposure at a very attractive price.
What areas of the market are you presently avoiding?
Deakins: European utilities are still a little too up in the air with the political system in Europe still in flux. Also at some point it is going to be great to get involved in Spain, but I think it is still too early.Finally, what is your outlook for 2013? Deakins: In 2013, I think we will continue with the global recovery. --Written by Gregg Greenberg in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV