Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC), a leading motion picture exhibitor owning and operating the largest theatre circuit in the United States, announces the return to Middle-earth with a special marathon event of Lord of the Rings movies for fans to experience the complete trilogy in anticipation of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Regal is also offering The Hobbit in a new and evolutionary presentation format for 3D with a High Frame Rate called 3D HFR. Tickets for both The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings Trilogy Marathon go on sale Wednesday, November 7 at Noon EST online and at 293 participating Regal Cinemas, United Artists and Edwards Theatres.
“Through this Trilogy Marathon, Regal is hosting a celebration for Tolkien fans that begins one weekend prior to the greatly anticipated release of The Hobbit,” stated Ken Thewes, Chief Marketing Officer at Regal Entertainment Group. “Regal will make The Hobbit available in an unprecedented selection of formats to suit every fan: IMAX 3D, RPX 3D, RealD 3D and traditional 2D presentations. Additionally, Regal will showcase Peter Jackson’s latest work in a special 3D presentation at 48 frames per second on 97 screens around the country. This High Frame Rate enhances picture quality, smoothness and clarity.”
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, directed by Academy Award®-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson, will attract crowds to Regal Entertainment Group theatres nationwide beginning Thursday evening, December 13 as fans line-up for the midnight premiere.
Saturday, December 8 will be one very memorable day at the movies as fans can enjoy the extended director’s cut for each film in Regal’s Lord of the Rings (LOTR) Trilogy Marathon.
|LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring||11:15 AM|
|LOTR: Two Towers||3:30 PM|
|LOTR: Return of the King||8:00 PM|
|The Hobbit, Opening Dec. 14:|
|The Hobbit 3D High Frame Rate:|
|LOTR Trilogy Marathon Dec. 8:|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV