Effectively Using Communication Channels And Tools To Reach Core Decision Makers In Organizations Across All Business Sectors
CHAPEL HILL, N.C., Nov. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Technology advances have had a profound impact on communications, particularly external communications targeting business customers and clients. Faced with a constantly evolving communication environment, companies and professionals need to continuously adjust their business-to-business communication strategies and tactics. It is challenging, however, to gauge the effectiveness of all the strategies, tactics and tools that are part of today's communication options.
In a new study, research and consulting firm Best Practices, LLC explores the various external communication strategies and tactics and how people utilize various communication formats to reach core decision-makers. The report, Best Practices in B2B Communications: How to Effectively Reach Core Decision-Makers, identifies the preferred channels and tools for communications as well as optimum communication frequencies and approaches.
In an encouraging metric for organizations and communicators that reach out externally to business customers and clients, the study found that a majority of participants - 68 percent - said they were either very interested (8 percent) or interested (68 percent) in receiving general communications from external sources. Further, 50 percent said they prefer to get work-related external communications before 9 a.m.
The timeliness of the research project was apparent - it drew a total of 183 leaders from 162 companies from different industry segments across six continents. Largest participation came from Pharmaceutical/ chemical industry (23%) followed by consulting (15%), Healthcare/medical (10%), Finance & Banking (9%) and Manufacturing (9%).The 80-page study presents a wide array of insights across a number of critical communication fronts. Key study objectives were:
- Benchmarking communication tools and usage frequency executives utilize for external communication
- Identifying the preferred and most effective channels for external communication
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV