AngloGold Suspends Operations Because Of Sit-ins
Anglo American Platinum, or Amplats, the world's top platinum producer, said it is losing an average of 3,694 ounces of platinum per day and to date 141,640 ounces of platinum have been lost.
"We have been patiently appealing to our workers to get back to work so that the situation in Rustenburg and the north of Pilanesburg can go back to normal," said the CEO Chris Griffith. "We are disappointed that the offer, which was made to employees to alleviate some of the hardship as a result of the no-work no-pay principle, has not yet been accepted."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV