BETHPAGE, N.Y., Nov. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In light of the devastating effects of Hurricane Sandy on our customers, Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC) today announced the following credit policy for Optimum customers whose service has been disrupted as a result of the hurricane.
Optimum customers can receive credit for any full or partial day during which they were unable to access Optimum services, even if the disruption was caused by a loss of electrical power. The company is asking customers to call after their Optimum service is restored, so it can calculate and apply the full credit to which a customer is entitled.
"Many of our customers have been severely impacted by Hurricane Sandy, and we want them to know that credits are available for the period of time that they have not had Optimum service, including when electrical power was not available," said Kristin Dolan, Cablevision's senior executive vice president of product management and marketing. "In addition, customers will not be responsible for any damage to Cablevision equipment caused by the storm, and will be able to exchange damaged equipment at no cost."
Customers who have experienced a loss of service should contact Cablevision within 30 days of service being restored and request a credit for their regular monthly charges during the period when Optimum TV, phone or Internet products were unavailable, including periods when there was no electricity to the home or business where the services are received.Additionally, customers who have damaged Cablevision equipment – set-top boxes or cable modems – should inform the company of the damage and we will exchange the equipment without penalty. Customers can request outage credits or facilitate an exchange of their equipment by calling their local Cablevision service number or e-mailing the company through the contact pages at Optimum.net or Cablevision.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV