NORFOLK, Va., Nov. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Norfolk Southern Foundation is making an immediate gift of $100,000 to the American Red Cross in support of Hurricane Sandy recovery efforts.
"Our message to those who have lost so much and who are suffering due to this unprecedented natural disaster is that Norfolk Southern stands with you," said CEO Wick Moorman. "We cannot fully know what you are going through, but as our employees, customers, suppliers, and neighbors, you have our support."
Some of the areas most affected by Sandy's wind, rain, and flooding are in NS' service territory in New York, New Jersey, and elsewhere along the Atlantic Coast, while Appalachian states on the rail system were hit by heavy snows. For the most part, NS train operations have returned to normal in the week since the storm moved up the Eastern Seaboard.
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) is one of the nation's premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway subsidiary operates approximately 20,000 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers. Norfolk Southern operates the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a major transporter of coal and industrial products.Connect with NS http://www.nscorp.com http://www.facebook.com/NorfolkSouthern http://www.flickr.com/photos/norfolksouthern http://www.twitter.com/nscorp http://www.youtube.com/user/norfolksoutherncorp
SOURCE Norfolk Southern Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV