New Jersey American Water advises its customers who had property damaged or destroyed by Hurricane Sandy to call the company if a shut off of their water service is required, or if their account status needs to be amended. Customers can call New Jersey American Water’s 24-hour call center at 800-652-6987
“Our best wishes go out to our customers and to all of those who are recovering from the effects of Hurricane Sandy,” said Steve Schmitt, vice president of operations for New Jersey American Water. “As customers determine the condition of their homes, if there is a need to have their water service suspended or changed, we stand ready to assist those customers.”
Because a number of the company’s operations remain on back-up generators, customers are asked to conserve water by limiting unnecessary water use until further notice.
New Jersey American Water suggests the following conservation tips:
- Please refrain from nonessential uses of water, such as lengthy showering and bathing, as well as lawn watering.
- Avoid using outdoor hoses for storm clean up. Use a broom instead.
- For customers who have electrical service: Run dishwashers and laundry washing machines only when they are full. If you have a water-saver cycle, use it
- Regularly check your toilet, faucets, and pipes for leaks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV