Hess Corporation (NYSE: HES) announced today that is has donated $5 million to relief efforts in New York and New Jersey following Hurricane Sandy.
“We are deeply concerned about the welfare of all the people who are suffering from the devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy,” said John B. Hess, Chairman and CEO of Hess Corporation. “To support the relief efforts, we are donating $2.5 million to the Mayor’s Fund to Advance New York City under the direction of Mayor Michael Bloomberg and $2.5 million to New Jersey under the direction of Governor Chris Christie. We are grateful for the heroic efforts of emergency personnel and all those who have responded to this tragedy.”
In addition, Hess has offered a matching gift program for employees who wish to make a personal contribution to these relief efforts.
Hess Corporation is a leading global independent energy company engaged in the exploration for and production of crude oil and natural gas, as well as in refining and in marketing refined petroleum products, natural gas and electricity. More information on Hess Corporation is available at http://www.hess.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV