One name that's trending very close to triggering a near-term breakout trade is Trueblue (TBI), a provider of temporary blue-collar staffing. This stock hasn't done much in 2012, with shares down 4%.
If you take a look at the chart for Trueblue, you'll notice that this stock recently gapped down big from over $16 to a low of $11.84 a share with heavy volume. Following that move, shares of TBI have started to rebound sharply towards its current price of $13.26 a share. That rebound is coming off of extremely oversold levels, since its current relative strength index (RSI) reading is 25.31. That move has now pushed TBI within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade above its gap down day high.
Traders should now look for long-biased trades in TBI once it manages to break out above its gap down day high of $13.88 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above $13.88 with volume that registers near or above its three-month average action of 197,859 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then TBI will set up to re-fill some of its gap down zone that started back near $16 a share. At last check, TBI has hit an intraday high of $13.93 and volume is already over 450,000 shares.Traders can look to buy TBI off any weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits right below some near-term support at $12.69 a share. One could also buy TBI off strength once it clears $13.88 to $13.93 with volume and then use a stop just below $13.50 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV