NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Rochdale Securities may be the latest brokerage firm to need an injection of capital after unauthorized trading activity.
According to a Bloomberg report citing three unnamed sources, executives at Rochdale Securities - which employs the well-known bank analyst Richard Bove -- have been telling employees and potential investors that the company's capital has been "eroded" because of an unauthorized trade in Apple (APPL) shares.
A Rochdale spokesman declined to comment.
According to the company's website, Rochdale Securities specializes in "high-quality executions, comprehensive reporting and the ability to provide independent research to the institutional investment community," and that it "offers independent research without the conflicts of investment banking."-- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla. >Contact by Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV