Dendreon: No-Drama Quarter Seen As Big Win
The message Dendreon is sending to doctors is that Provenge and Zytiga can and shoud be used sequentially when treating prostate cancer patients. Data from a Dendreon-run sequencing study of both drugs will be ready next year. The company also announced Friday that it will run a similar sequencing study with Dendreon and Medivation's (MDVN) Xtandi, which roared out of the launch gate earlier this week.
Both Zytiga and Xtandi are formidable competitors if doctors decide that either drug is a suitable replacement for Provenge.
Dendreon reported a net loss of $154.9 million in the third quarter 2012 compared to a net loss of $147.1 million in the year-ago quarter. This quarter's net loss included $81 million in charges associated with the previously announced restructuring aimed at reducing the company's overhead and expenses.
-- Reported by Adam Feuerstein in Boston.Follow @AdamFeuerstein
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV