Statewide Poll Shows Majority Of Ohioans Oppose Copayments For Seniors, Cuts To Funding For Medicare Home Healthcare Services
Nine out of 10 Ohio voters favor skilled home healthcare services for homebound Medicare beneficiaries
WASHINGTON, Nov. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following is being released by Bring the Vote Home:
A state poll of registered Ohio voters released today shows more than three out of four Ohioans think Congress should prevent cuts to Medicare home healthcare when making funding cuts during budget deficit reduction efforts this year. Further, a strong majority of voters feel Congress should identify Medicare savings by targeting fraud and abuse over requiring seniors to pay out-of-pocket copayments.
The telephone poll, completed by Public Policy Polling and Fabrizio Ward October 26 through October 28, surveyed 693 Ohio voters statewide. Other key findings of the poll show:
- 90 percent of Ohio voters favor Medicare-covered clinically skilled home healthcare services to seniors and disabled Ohioans in their homes.
- 77 percent of Ohio voters think that Congress should prevent cuts in Medicare home healthcare by cutting elsewhere.
- 92 percent of Ohio voters believe the federal government should target Medicare fraud and abuse before requiring seniors to pay increased out-of-pocket fees.
- 60 percent of Ohio voters think the federal government does a poor or very poor job preventing fraud and waste in the Medicare program.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV