PA DEP Publishes Final Permit Improvement Policies
"This is not about rushing permits through," Krancer said. "It is about efficiently using our time and our applicants' time and resources, and it is about predictable time frames.
"Every complete and technically adequate application we receive will be reviewed thoroughly," he said. "DEP will issue permits that meet all legal requirements that are in place which protect the environment and public health and safety."
DEP finalized the policies after reviewing the hundreds of comments submitted during the public comment period, which ran from Sept. 1 to Oct. 1.
The companion Permit Coordination policy outlines how staff should coordinate projects that require multiple permits. During the first year of implementation, DEP staff will review the policies' effectiveness quarterly and propose necessary adjustments. In addition to using a paperless "completeness notification process" through eFACTS on the Web, a tool to track permits and sites across the state, the agency is developing electronic permitting tools to further improve the process.In the coming weeks and months, DEP will host web-based information sessions for both eFACTS on the Web and its many program areas, such as air quality and mining. The program-specific webinars will discuss how each program is implementing the new permitting process. To register for the webinars and review the final policies and executive order, visit www.dep.state.pa.us and click the "Permit Decision Guarantee" button. Media contact: Kevin Sunday, 717-787-1323 SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV