Global interactive marketing provider
(NYSE:ET) announced today that its Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer Scott Dorsey is the Indiana Business Leader of the Year.
The Indiana Chamber of Commerce awarded Dorsey the accolade Thursday for his leadership in growing ExactTarget from a three-person Indianapolis-based startup to a 1,500-person global company with operations on four continents and an expanding suite of products that power the digital marketing campaigns of the world’s leading brands across email, mobile, social media and the Web.
“Scott Dorsey is an entrepreneur who through hard work, a commitment to his team and a passion for innovation created one of the largest marketing technology companies in the world,” said Kevin Brinegar, Indiana Chamber president. “Scott’s work to incubate and accelerate the growth of ExactTarget has become a catalyst for a thriving technology economy in Indiana.”
Founded in 2000, ExactTarget has emerged as the largest pure play marketing software as a service company in the world. The company made its debut on the New York Stock Exchange in March.
In addition to his work leading ExactTarget, Dorsey is an active community leader. He serves on the board of directors of TechPoint, Indiana Sports Corporation and the Central Indiana Corporate Partnership and is a member of the Dean’s Advisory Council for the School of Informatics at Indiana University. Dorsey also chaired the Marketing and Communications Division of the Indianapolis Super Bowl 2012 Host Committee.
“ExactTarget’s success comes from the tremendously talented group of people who all share a passion for entrepreneurship, innovation and client success,” said Dorsey. “It is an honor to accept this award on behalf of the entire ExactTarget family. This is a huge testament to the company we’ve built, the State of Indiana and our exceptional team around the world.”
The news of Dorsey earning top honors from the Indiana Chamber of Commerce is the latest accolade for the company and its global team. Dorsey and the ExactTarget team have received numerous local and national awards in 2012, including:
ExactTarget is a leading global provider of email marketing and cross-channel interactive marketing software-as-a-service solutions that empower organizations of all sizes to communicate with their customers through email, mobile, social media and websites. ExactTarget’s powerful suite of integrated applications enable marketers to plan, automate, deliver and optimize data-driven interactive marketing and real-time communications to drive customer engagement, increase sales and improve return on marketing investment. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana with offices across North America and in Europe, South America and Australia, ExactTarget trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “ET.” For more information, visit
- Named one of the Best Places to Work in America for Recent College Grads by national career services firm Experience for the second consecutive year
- Recognized among the top companies for career opportunities and advancement by Glassdoor
- Named among the Best Places to Work in Indiana by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce for the sixth consecutive year with a top five placement each of the past three years
- Named a finalist in Forrester Research, Inc.’s Forrester Research Voice of the Customer Awards for demonstrating excellence in collecting, analyzing and acting on feedback from their customers
- ExactTarget’s Scott McCorkle was awarded a Silver Stevie Award from the American Business Awards for Information Technology Executive of the Year
- Earned a Silver Stevie Award for Contact Center of the Year (Up to 100 Seats) and a Bronze Stevie for Contact Center Management Team of the Year
- ExactTarget’s Todd Richardson, senior vice president of Human Resources, was awarded a Silver Stevie Award for HR Executive of the Year and the company’s Human Resources team was named a Bronze Stevie recipient for HR Department of the Year
- Earned Facebook ® Preferred Marketing Developer status for App and Pages development, building on the success of the company’s recent launch of its SocialPages application for Facebook page management