John Wray yesterday joined Cigna (NYSE:CI) as vice president for network contracting and health care delivery system collaborations. He reports to Chief Medical Officer Alan M. Muney, M.D., and is based in Jersey City, N.J.
Wray will be responsible for Cigna's network development, including physician, facility and ancillary contracting; rate negotiations; and collaborative accountable care arrangements. Wray’s appointment comes at a time when the health care delivery system, including physician groups and hospital systems, is rapidly consolidating and integrating. Wray will further Cigna's delivery system collaboration opportunities in the company’s priority markets to accelerate client and customer growth.
Prior to joining Cigna, Wray held positions with Dignity Health (formerly Catholic Healthcare West) in San Francisco, including senior vice president for payer strategy and growth, and senior vice president for managed care. He was responsible for a full range of managed care activities worth more than $4 billion in contracted revenue, and he oversaw four affiliated health plans with nearly 600,000 enrolled individuals.
“John Wray is a seasoned health care executive with strong organizational and leadership skills,” said Dr. Muney. “His experience with accountable care organizations will be an asset to Cigna as we continue to expand our collaborative accountable care initiatives, while his experience leading complex organizations will help us deploy Cigna’s talent in ways that will strengthen the company. I’m delighted to welcome John to my leadership team.”Previously, Wray also served as senior vice president for managed care at MedPartners, Inc., and vice president and general counsel at Mullikin Medical Centers, both in Long Beach, Calif. He has also held leadership positions with Affiliated Medical Enterprises, Travelers Health Network, and Rutan and Tucker LLP.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV