- Reach can trump engagement. The Romney/Ryan team's engagement rate was consistently higher than Obama/Biden, as much as four times higher during the Oct. 16 Town Hall Meeting in Denver. However, Obama's overwhelmingly larger reach earns him far more "Likes" and shares. For example, Obama's most-shared post tallied over 168 thousand shares, almost twice that of Romney's most-shared post.
- Fan count isn't the only factor that matters, but it certainly helps. During the Vice-Presidential debate on Oct. 11, Vice-President Joe Biden managed to post a higher Engagement Rate than Ryan—30 percent compared to Ryan's 15. However, with a fan count more than 10 times that of Biden, Ryan easily racked up 10 times more "Likes" and nearly five times more interactions across his 4.2 million fan base.
- Post frequency is a strong driver of fan engagement. On Oct. 16, the Romney/Ryan machine published 13 posts to Obama's three and Biden's zero. As a result, Romney and Ryan maintained high engagement of 12 and 18 percent respectively, compared to just 3 percent for Obama that day.
New Facebook Presidential Debate Data Shows 'Winning' Means Going Beyond Engagement
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.