- Reach can trump engagement. The Romney/Ryan team's engagement rate was consistently higher than Obama/Biden, as much as four times higher during the Oct. 16 Town Hall Meeting in Denver. However, Obama's overwhelmingly larger reach earns him far more "Likes" and shares. For example, Obama's most-shared post tallied over 168 thousand shares, almost twice that of Romney's most-shared post.
- Fan count isn't the only factor that matters, but it certainly helps. During the Vice-Presidential debate on Oct. 11, Vice-President Joe Biden managed to post a higher Engagement Rate than Ryan—30 percent compared to Ryan's 15. However, with a fan count more than 10 times that of Biden, Ryan easily racked up 10 times more "Likes" and nearly five times more interactions across his 4.2 million fan base.
- Post frequency is a strong driver of fan engagement. On Oct. 16, the Romney/Ryan machine published 13 posts to Obama's three and Biden's zero. As a result, Romney and Ryan maintained high engagement of 12 and 18 percent respectively, compared to just 3 percent for Obama that day.
New Facebook Presidential Debate Data Shows 'Winning' Means Going Beyond Engagement
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.